Saturday, April 24, 2010

In response to Gretchen's question

Do you think it is effective marketing to market inside the restaurant while customers and employees are already there? Do you think annoying people is an effective way to market the company?


I can see how this would be more annoying towards the employees rather then the customers. When I go into a restaurant I usually go with friends and or family so usually I'm to busy talking or listening. I tend not to hear things like that but if its loud enough and plays often enough then I would probably pick up on it and be annoyed. I dont go to friendlys so I dont know how it has changed or anything but I can see how it could be annoying especially if you are already in there eating.
If the song is played every hour then that is not as bad. Typically when I go out to eat it's not for that long unless I'm at happy hour (like elm city brewery) which could be for hours. But as for going out to eat the most a customer could hear this song is once or twice so I dont think it is a big deal but maybe they can come up with another way of marketing if customers and employees are that upset about it. It will only lose them business if people don't like it because they will go to another restaurant in town.
While I do think its important to market a company there are also other ways and times to do it. Playing a song isn't a big deal but once customers start leaving then there is a problem. Companies dont want to bug the people who are in there because their marketing has already worked, customers are currently eating in the restaurant.
In stead of asking if its effective and annoying to market inside the company, do you think this is a clever idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment